We are looking for a new team member to strengthen our busy compliance team. As part of our finance department (16fte), you will be working closely together with 3 direct colleagues, responsible for carrying out backgrounds checks for customers, suppliers, agents and other business relations. You will be following standard procedures according to (inter)national law & regulations and actively search the internet for information, carry out entity checks and search for additional requirements as part of this vetting process.
We are an international organisation and our business language is English. It is a requirement for this position that you will be fluent in English; any additional language is a plus. Dutch would be a benefit, as our finance department mainly consist of Dutch speakers.
• Preparing and presenting vetting files (background checks)
• Preparing and presenting commission request forms
• Analysing & writing reports on business relations with regards to compliance to local laws, international laws and company business ethics.
• Liaising with authorities to complete the assessment / screening process (local consulates, chamber of commerce etc.)
• Working closely with other departments such as procurement, sales, customer support in order to complete files
• Analysing international watch lists with regards to changing (local) legislations
• Creating commission reports for our agents to ensure correct payments
The ideal candidate:
• Is at least educated to MBO4 level
• Has two years working experience within an administrative role (sales support, finance assistant, logistics assistant, compliance assistant etc)
• Is fluent in English, preferably with an additional language
• Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Has the ability to build and process information in clear blocks and different presentation formats
• Has excellent skills and a huge interest in searching the internet for specific information
- Flexible working hours 25 holiday days + 8 ADV days
- Monthly drinks on Friday afternoon in our own bar
- Travel allowance